Sounds Like Juggling (2020)
a juggling concert
BACK ON TOUR JUNE-SEPTEMBER
Sounds Like Juggling is our first dive into the wonderful genre of music-juggling. The show is the result of months of research and fun with instruments and how to juggle them: balls, shakers, balloons, drums, speakers, motion sensors, rubber bands and much more.
Sounds Like Juggling is all about patterns. In juggling, in music, in life. The power and beauty of patterns, but also being stuck in patterns, and breaking free of patterns. An art now more important than ever…
Tight rhythms , totally free improvisations, this unique juggling concert is a crazy playground of movement and sound, where nothing is impossible – if you manage to throw the rules overboard.
Check the calendar: we’re still playing!
– concept, composition and jugglography: Arthur Wagenaar, Guido van Hout
– performance: Aleš Hrdlička / Finn Waltersmann (2020-2021) / Jordy Sanchez, Sirio Fernández Rubio (2022), Arthur Wagenaar, Clara de Mik / Agata Kruszewska, Guido van Hout
– instrument design: Arthur Wagenaar, Dianne Verdonk, Guido van Hout
– instrument construction: Vincent Schoutsen
– electronics, software and sensors: Fedde ten Berge, Ward Slager
– sound design: Arthur Wagenaar, Dianne Verdonk, Fedde ten Berge, Ward Slager
– light and stage set design: José Warmerdam
– director: Joeri Vos
– advice: Klaus Jürgens (choreography), Paul Koek (sound)
– tech: Gijs Oomkes
– production leader: Annemarie Bakker
– manager: Jasper Berben / Caecilia van Stigt
– pr: Marjolein van Ruiten (press),
Quinten Swagerman (image, video)
– website: Janco van der Kaaden
Sounds Like Juggling is suitable for all ages. 4 performers, 1 technician.
Short version 30 minutes, full version 60 minutes. No spoken language, can be performed both indoors and outdoors.
produced by Stichting Goed Bezig! in coproduction with Veenfabriek, Gaudeamus, Korzo, Werkplaats Diepenheim, Mooi Weer Spelen, Tweetakt
with financila support of